miércoles, 19 de marzo de 2014

Exercise of the second conditional for 2nd. grade C

SECOND CONDITIONAL
We use the second conditional to talk about imaginary situations and their probable consequences in the future.
FORM:  If + past simple,... would + infinitive
e.g.  If I had money, I would travel around the world.
        If I won the lottery, I would buy a big house.(I probably won't win the lottery)
        If I met the Queen of England, I would say hello.
        She would travel all over the world if she were rich.
         She would pass the exam if she ever studied.(She never studies, so this won't happen)
    The  short form of would is: ‘d.
INSTRUCTIONS: Make the second conditional                
1) If I (be) you, I (get) a new job.  If I were you, I would get a new job.               
2) If he (be) younger, he (travel) more. ____________________________________________
3) If we (not/be) friends, I (be) angry with you.______________________________________      
4) If I (have) enough money, I (buy) a big house. _____________________________________     
5) If she (not/be) always so late, she (be) promoted. ___________________________________
6) If we (win) the lottery, we (travel) the world. _______________________________________
7) If you (have) a better job, we (be) able to buy a new car. ______________________________
8) If I (speak) perfect English, I (have) a good job._______________________________________
9) If we (live) in Mexico, I (speak) Spanish. _____________________________________________
10) If she (pass) the exam, she (be) able to enter university._______________________________
11) She (be) happier if she (have) more friends. _________________________________________
12) We (buy) a house if we (decide) to stay here.________________________________________
13) They (have) more money if they (not/buy) so many clothes. _______________________________________________________________________________
14) We (come) to dinner if we (have) time.___________________________________________
15) She (call) him if she (have) his number. ___________________________________________
16) They (go) to Spain on holiday if they (like) hot weather.______________________________
17) She (pass) the exam if she (study) more. __________________________________________
18) I (marry) someone famous if I (be) a movie star.____________________________________
19) We (be) late again if we (buy) a new car. __________________________________________
20) You (lose) weight if you (eat) less. ________________________________________________

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario